There are certain affiliate principles that are common to all extremely successful affiliates. These principles are not plainly stated by these successful affiliates; rather, they are found as characteristics in their work, writings, and interviews.
I have synthesized these principles into a list I call The 7 Principles of the Successful Affiliate. It is important to note that each successful affiliate closely and meticulously adheres to each one of these affiliate principles.
Some of these principles may seem ridiculously obvious, but you would be amazed at how many affiliate marketers either…
don’t know these principles (failure to read and study)
skip or skimp on them (take the easy or cheap route)
or, ignore them altogether (“I’m going to do it my way.”)
…resulting in their own failure or greatly diminished profits. If you are involved in affiliate program marketing and want to greatly improve your results, you must learn and follow these affiliate principles.
1. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires work. You must treat it as a job. It is not a pastime. It is not a hobby. It is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It is not a “do nothing, make money” proposition. It requires hard work on your part. The harder you work, the more sales you will make.
2. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires financial investments. You must be willing to spend money to make money. You need to spend money on professional training resources, affiliate products for “first-hand knowledge”, a well-planned and executed website, and solid advertising and marketing strategies. If done properly, your investments will make you huge profits.
3. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires education and preparation. You must tap into professional training resources. You need to read and study the proven models. With knowledge of these, you can replicate the success of others and increase your sales.
4. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires knowledge of the best affiliate products and merchants. You must closely examine the pros and cons of each you consider. You need to determine which ones will benefit you the most. Quality increases the number of your sales.
5. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires a well-planned and executed website. You must satisfy your viewers and the search engines. You need to gain high rankings and presell your viewers with content-rich information. If you do this properly sales will increase.
6. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires constant traffic interested in your message and effective tracking methods. You must attract huge numbers that stay on your website to read your message. You need to know what methods work well and which are wasting your advertising dollar. Happy viewers from reliable sources bring you more sales.
7. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires ongoing familiarity with the latest strategies and techniques. You must keep up to date on the cutting edge in the industry. You need to never rest in your quest to be the best. Knowledge is power; power brings you more money.
These are The 7 Principles of the Successful Affiliate. If you are not prepared to implement them to the best of your ability, you are wasting your time as an affiliate. Do something else! If you are ready to be successful, make a copy of these affiliate principles and affix it to the wall right next to your computer. It will serve as an inspiration and a reminder of what you want to accomplish.